Access Michener Email/Webmail/Groupwise at this link:
→ webmail.michener.ca (bookmark it!)
→ Michener Groupwise Web Access
If you’re part of the Michener community and need assistance with Groupwise, contact Helpdesk.
Novell Groupwise is Michener’s email application with an integrated calendar and campus address book. You can launch Novell Groupwise from any Michener computer, just click on the Groupwise icon from your Novell-delivered Applications window. When you login to a computer at Michener, you will automatically be prompted to login to Groupwise.
You can also launch Groupwise from within your web browser. Sign in at this web address: https://webmail.michener.ca.
The WebAccess link is posted on the Michener hompage and myMichener. On myMichener it is at the bottom of the page and titled GroupWise. From the Michener homepage, it’s at the top right corner and titled Web Mail.
The web interface and the at-Michener interface look different but things basically function the same way (except for minor differences, like the location of attachments).
- If you have a Michener email Groupwise account, you can find the email address of anyone else with a Michener email account using the Address Book function or by typing their name in the To field (last name, first name).
- Every student is on a distribution list for their program by start year. For example, if you want to send an email to everyone who started Nuclear Medicine in 2012, open up the address book and scroll to the name “Nuclear Medicine Technology 2012 DL”.
- If you started at Michener in Sept 2011 or later, your Groupwise password and LAN (network) password are synced – changing one will automatically change the other.
- You can use the address book to look up the office number or phone extension of any staff member.
- If you send mail from a Michener email address to a Michener address email, you can check if they’ve read it (open the message, go to the Properties tab).
- Use the Filter box to search your email or use the Find tool (the magnifying glass)
- Don’t leave every message you receive in your inbox – it’ll fill up and you won’t be able to send any new messages!
The Information Management department has a FAQ posted at myMichener, but you’ll need to login first. You can always contact IM for Groupwise assistance.
Last updated: August 2012